A New Addition to the Smith Family! :D

Hello everyone! Sorry for not posting last Friday :P I had this whole post planned out and everything and then something very unexpected, (well it was kind of was expected, but not so much that day) exciting and absolutely amazing happened..... want to take a guess? Well..... MY MOM HAD HER BABY!!! :D

Yeah so around 11 in the morning on Friday my dad informed me that he was going to be taking my mom to the hospital. So once he left I was in charge of holding down the fort back at home. :P Most of the morning was spent packing the younger kids bags and making sure they all had enough diapers with them since they would be spending the night with my grandparents. Once all the younger kids had been picked up, Anna Sophia and I had the house to ourselves. ;) (Just really quickly, in case any of your guys are wondering, I am the oldest of now 9 kids. I feel like I should give you a quick briefing as I will be mentioning a few of my siblings in this post. So here we go. :P My siblings and their ages are: Anna 13, Sophia 12, Kolbe 11, Catherine 8, Veronica 5, Vincent 3, Emma 2 and now little Lucy 4 days.)

First things first, just in case you are wondering, yes, us three older girls did have a dance party. XD But it wasn't a very long party, and the music was at a reasonable-ish volume. :P I didn't want things to get out of hand you know, safety first is what I always say. *coughyeahrightcough* But no, all joking a side, once everyone left, Anna, Sophia and I cleaned up the house a little bit and then we all just chilled. We watched a few movies and just hung out. While Anna and I were watching this one movie I decided that Lucy's nic name was going to be Swayze, as in Patrick Swayze, since at that point in the day Mom and Dad hadn't decided on a name yet. :P And since my sister and I were watching a movie with Patrick Swayze we decided it only fitting to give our younger sister this nic name. :P It was fun being to hang out with my sisters and just relax since all the little kids were out of the way, but it was also very boring. XD Since all the younger kids were gone the house was VERY quiet, which it never is. :P Also all three of us were so excited to see our new little sister that the anticipation of waiting for her was absolutely killing us. I'm pretty sure I annoyed my Dad to death with all my texts every  hour asking if mom had had the baby yet. :P But hey, I was excited. Especially since I thought she was going to be born way earlier in the day. :P

Around 8:00 o'clock that evening I received the wonderful news that little Lucy Therese had *cough finally cough* come into the world! :) She weighed 9.01 pounds. :O I wasn't able to see Lucy the day she was born, but the next dad bright and early I was able to pay her a visit. :) Oh! And by the way, did I mention, I'm her Godmother! I was so excited and humbled when my mom and dad asked me. It's an amazing task, but yet a very big one at the same time and I feel so honored that my parents trust me enough to ask me to be Lucy's Godmother. :)




Isn't she precious?!?! :) Anyway, that's how I spent my Friday. :P (So if you really wanted to see a fashion post, sorry, blame Lucy. XD) Caroline mentioned to me that maybe I should do a little post about baby fashion. I don't know if I'll be doing that, but if you would like to see a post with little Lucy modeling some baby clothes, leave a comment down below. :) Also, this post will be taking the place of Music Mondays until tomorrow. I'll have another post written by then. Another thing... I kind of liked this more personal kind of post, so if you guys liked it too and would like to see more posts like this from me, Caroline and Mercy  let me know!   I love you guys so much! Thanks for being apart of this special moment in mine and my family's life. :)

See you later!

-Isabelle <3

0 comments: