Woman Wednesday: Heroines



BOOKS. We love 'em. We love the ability to escape into fantasy worlds chock full of adventure, and they help our imaginations to grow and flourish. I think it's safe to say that everyone has at least one literary protagonist that they identify with, or even just admire because they are so different. Because it's Woman Wednesday, we're going to be focusing on the best qualities of those special heroines who have inspired us so much. 

      My favorite heroine in a novel would HAVE to be Elizabeth Bennet.  Everything about her is just so relatable. Who hasn't been embarrassed by their siblings or felt out of place at certain gatherings before? I have! Two of her best qualities are  her very sharp wit and her sassy attitude. I know if Mr. Darcy said this to me:
I would have been like, "Bleurhkjdndlf." But no, Lizzie comes right back with,
OH. SNAP. SHE DIDN'T JUST DO THAT.

Also, it's important to remember during this scene that marrying Mr. Darcy would basically solve all her problems. Her family wouldn't have to worry about her well-being, she would be super duper rich and her social status would help her sisters find suitable husbands. But she ignores all of this and sticks to her guns because she valued her own principles and did not let anyone push her around, rich or not. 
(SPOILERS: They get together anyway. Hahahahahahah)



NEXT is Anne (spelt with an 'e') Shirley. Who didn't love this fiesty little redheaded girl? She saw everything around her as if it were in a storybook, and inspired those around her to dream a little more. She was also hilarious because of the high drama that came with everything.
(cue dramatic crying)
But let's not forget her famous temper, either:
 Classic. xD
(SPOILERS: They end up together too. Are you guys noticing a pattern here? Hit or argue with a strange guy and then BAM you're married. That's how it works. JK PLEASE don't do this)


Another amazing literary heroine would be...

HERMIONE GRANGER!

Not only does she hold her own with Harry and Ron, she is also smarter than both of them combined. (And maybe the rest of Hogwarts.) Hermione is extremely loyal to her friends, and she stuck with them even when she found out that one was Voldemort's worst enemy. That's COURAGE right there. She's also amazing because she's so versatile. I mean, she goes from this:

to
THIS


SKILLLS.



I wish I could put down every single heroine who has had an impact on my relationship with books, but because I have limited space and I've already procrastinated enough ( oops) I should probably stop there..xD If you have a favorite heroine go ahead and comment below with her name and some qualities you like about that particular character!!:)

Well you guys, that's my post for the week!! Sorry that it's so late, as I mentioned before, I am an excellent procrastinator. Thanks for reading, and I love you guys!!:D
-Caroline:)








0 comments: