Fashion Friday: Modest Fashion Icons

Hello, y'all!!  Mercy here! How are you doing today?  :)  Before I begin my official post for today, I would like to share a bit with y'all about what's going on in my life.  Tomorrow, my family and I are moving from one state in the United States to another on the opposite side.  Talk about a long car drive.  xD  But moves, as I'm sure some of you know, can be very hard and stressful!!  Because of this, my life is going to be so hectic.  While I'll still be posting on the blog (hopefully, assuming we have no drastic problems), everything else is going to be crazy.  If y'all could please spare a few prayers for my family and me during this time, I would greatly appreciate it!!  Thank you so much!  ^_^  <3

Fashion Friday:  Fashion Icons

Living in today's society, we girls can have a hard time finding someone to look up to for modest fashion simply because modest fashion is not promoted in our world today!  I completely understand how trying it can be for a girl who is attempting to dress modestly but can't find anyone to imitate or look up to.  Many girls today idolize the female celebrities strutting through Hollywood.  However, this presents a bit of a problem for those of us who wish to dress modestly.  As an answer to this dilemma, I propose looking back to the past!  As our first fashion icon, let's look at someone who's been viewed as the epitome of feminine beauty, Audrey Hepburn.
She's really gorgeous, isn't she?  I've always greatly admired Audrey Hepburn!  Not only is she gorgeous, but she also is incredibly modest and feminine!  
As you can see, Audrey, while being absolutely gorgeous, also manages to dress modestly and like a lady!  Something we can definitely aspire to be like.  ;)
In order to achieve a look like Audrey Hepburn, I suggest looking for skirts, shirts, and dresses that cinch at your natural waistline; it was basically her signature.  This will help give you an hourglass figure!  However, you want something that flows elegantly over your body, not something that clings like a second skin!  Long, flowy skirts are also great!

Oh, and one note on Audrey Hepburn.  Did you know that she didn't view herself as beautiful?  She thought she was too skinny, a "good mixture of defects."  We, on the other hand, view her as one of the most beautiful women to have ever lived!  Why did she think this?  Because society's image of beauty at that time was blonde and curvy, which she was not.  But she's still amazing, isn't she?  Truly, society messes with our idea of beauty way too much.  

If you're looking for a more modern fashion icon, might I suggest Princess Kate Middleton?  She is such a gorgeous woman, inside and out!  With such spectacular fashion taste, too!  
All gorgeous, aren't they?
For fashion advice to mimic Kate Middleton, I don't really have much.  I'd suggest skirts with a hemline that falls about your knee (preferable a bit lower, just in case).  All her outfits are very classy and sophisticated, as befits her title.  Again, outfits that cinch at your natural waistline and flow elegantly, not clingy.  ;)  

Well, I hope you enjoyed today's fashion post!!!  :)  If you did and would like to see more modest fashion icons, drop us a comment and let us know, and we'll be happy to accommodate your wishes!!  Have a great day, y'all!  ^_^






0 comments: