Tutorial: How To Make a Delicious Meal When You're A Lazy Chef


In the middle of the school day, my stomach begins to talk to me. 
"Feed me," it says.
 "There's absolutely NOTHING to eat," I say. 
Of course, this means that practically everything in my fridge requires a minimum prep time of 30 minutes, and I'm not sure that I want to put that much effort into preparing food right now. As my stomach gets angrier, I frantically look for items and find a mish-mosh of different things. I come up with this:

  • 1 cup of cucumber

('Kay, storytime. Sooo because I am a mess of a human being and my brain does not function the way it's supposed to, I accidentally mistook the cucumber for zucchini, and I had already chopped it up so I just used it. Do not judge. Also, try zucchini and let me know if it tastes better.)

  • Rough sea salt
  •  1/2 cup of Marinara Sauce
  •  1 tbsp Flour (if you want it more battered, use more flour)
  •  1 tbsp Olive Oil
  • Provolone Cheese (use however much you want. It's a free country.)



I chopped up the cucumber, and I rubbed some sea salt onto it to give it some flavor. Then, I heated up the olive oil in a nonstick skillet. When it was all heated, I laid the cucumber in the skillet like so:


Then, I sprinkled the flour all over the cucumber (make sure it gets on BOTH sides) , and let it cook on about medium heat until the cucumber was browned. Then, I just put it into a bowl.


I also heated up the marinara sauce and poured it over the cucumber. (shown above)
But something was lacking. 
 AHA
CHEESE

So I sprinkled some provolone over the dish, and microwaved it for about 30 seconds on high, and stirred it all up. 



It. Was. Amazing.
And you know what? It's pretty darn healthy too.


I'm finding more and more that zucchini and other vegetables are being used as substitutes in traditional pasta dishes, and I'm totally okay with this. It's delicious. An added bonus was that this took under 10 minutes to make. Maybe it's not the prettiest looking meal you'll ever see, but it makes up for it by being healthy, easy to make, and yummy. Also, I'm sure that everyone has these ingredients in their house, so you don't have to go out to the store and buy stuff! Unless you're like super dedicated and happen to enjoy haute cuisine or something. In which case, good for you!

Try this out and let me know how it goes.  Like we've said many times before, YOUR FEEDBACK MATTERS AND WE LOVE YOU ALL :D

Peace!
-Caroline / Lazy Chef

1 comments:

Little 'ol Me said...

considering that I can barely make anything in the kitchen because i generally end up burning something (and by something i generally mean my hands and wrists oops) this actually looks like something even I could accomplish. xD