Music Monday: March 24, 2014

Music Monday

Hey, y'all!!  It's Mercy!  ^_^  I hope y'all are having a great day!!  I know, you're probably thinking, "But Mercy, it's...Monday.  *groan*"  I am definitely with you on the Monday Blues.  The weekend is over, we've got more school to do...  *sigh*  One way to rid ourselves of the Monday sadness is to start the day off with some good music!  Something that makes you smile and feel like singing, because, honestly, there is no way to be in a bad mood when you're singing.  ;)  This week, I'm here to share a few of my favorite artists with y'all!  :)

Imagine Dragons - Demons
A few months ago, I stumbled on the song "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons.  I really liked the sound of the band, so I decided to look them up!!  That's when I found this amazing song, Demons.  I know the title might seem a bit weird, but it's an encouraging song, and one I'm sure you'll sing along to.  ;)  Link - Here





OneRepublic - Secrets
Okay, so I have to admit, this song is actually a bit old.  Almost four years, actually.  But it's one of my absolute favorite songs of all time.  When the movie Sorcerer's Apprentice first came out, I loved this song from that scene with the "lightning symphony."  ;)  The band itself is fantastic and so talented!!  Another song I suggest looking up if your interested is one of their more recent hits, Counting Stars.
Link - Here
Link to Counting Stars - Here


Piano Guys - Begin Again
If y'all are like me, sometimes you find it hard to concentrate on your homework when you have noisy siblings in the background.  But if you play your regular music, you can't really think with the band singing either, because you find yourself wanting to sing along!  That's why I suggest this amazing group, the Piano Guys.  They have done some amazing covers of songs, and they have also written some of their own pieces!  Every single song they do is gorgeous, and they are all instrumental, which greatly helps with concentration.  ;) Link - Here

Favorite Band/Group of the Week

This week, I'd like to share a favorite group of mine: 5 Seconds of Summer.  This band is made up of four insanely talented boys from Australia who achieved their fame purely through their own hard work.  The members of this band are Michael Clifford (guitar and vocals), Luke Hemmings (lead vocal and guitar), Calum Hood (bass guitar and vocals), Ashton Irwin (drum and vocals).
(Look at how adorable they are!!!  Top photo:  Calum, Luke, Michael, Ashton.  Bottom photo:  Michael, Calum, Luke, Ashton.)

Starting their band at a college in 2011, these boys have slowly worked their way up the ranks until One Direction invited the Australian band to join them on their Take Me Home tour.  Gaining an incredible amount of popularity, the band went home that summer to perform in Australia, where they sold out every. single. concert.  So much talent and enthusiasm.  Seriously.   
Here are a few of their songs!
She Looks So Perfect  (Caution: there is one bad minor word in this song.  Just a warning.)
They are such a great band, y'all.  I would definitely suggest looking them up!!  :D

Well, I hope y'all liked my first music recommendation post!!!  Tell me in the comments if you liked the music I suggested or even your own music ideas for us!  I'm always open to new bands!!  And new subscribers are always welcome...  *coughcough*  ;)  Love ya!  <3  ~Mercy

0 comments: