My Life In Boxes and Being a Camp Counselor


Camp Bluebonnet 2014


Hello Everyone!

Isabelle here, and let me tell you, moving is stressful. I always thought moving would be a fairly quick process, but boy was I wrong. :P I didn't take into account the amount of time it would take to find a house, pack a house, buy it, and then have the banks sign the papers, and the lawyers and so on and so forth.
 To put it simply, moving is a pain, and I'm glad I won't have to move again until college. XD (Which is in  2 years so I don't really have that much time anyway. XD)

Anywho, if you didn't guess already, I MOVED! :D I haven't been in my new house nearly as long as the rest of my family since a day after we moved in, I left for two weeks to be a counselor at an all girls camp, called Camp Blue Bonnet. I had a wonderful time at camp (Minus tearing a ligament, the meniscus and lateral meniscus, in my knee and possibly needing surgery. Yes, I'm a klutz. :P) and am so grateful to have been given the opportunity to help girls grow in their faith, while also helping them have loads of fun! That being said, I was exhausted when I got home and I am soooooooooooooooo thankful to be able to sleep in a normal bed every night! Haha. XD

The first week I was gone was spent at a counselor workshop where we took different doctrine classes, which were given by a priest, and worked on decorations for our cabins and other counselor-y stuff like that. It was so much fun! It almost felt as if the counselors got to have a short camp before the actual week of camp. :P

Once the counselor workshop ended I came home for a day. I washed laundry, bought some things for my cabin (obviously) and slept. XD (As you can imagine not much sleeping was done at the counselor workshop.) That evening my mom, my sisters, Anna and Sophia, and myself drove down to Conroe to visit some friends of the family. The next morning we went to mass, had breakfast at Panera (Which is the best!) with friends and after breakfast made our way to Camp Bluebonnet.

Once I arrived at camp I started decorating my cabin, which was so much fun! A little while after I arrived, my co-counselor showed up! It was so nice finally being able to meet her in person . We had talked a little bit via Facebook and texting. However, meeting people irl is so different then just talking to then on social media sites. :P

We hit it off right away! I was, and still am, so grateful that we become such good friends, it made being a mini mother to 16 girls loads more fun and less difficult.

 Around 5 that afternoon we were finally able to meet our girls!They were all so much fun (even if they did get a little crazy at times. :P) Through out the week we got to know them had a wonderful time together. Unfortunately, I lost my voice by Tuesday because of all the cheering and cabin songs that took place. XD But it was totally worth it!

As a whole, Camp Bluebonnet was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. I loved being able to help my campers grow in their faith, while also being able to grow in mine as well. I made so many lifelong friends at the counselor workshop, which I am so grateful for! Crossing my fingers that I will be blessed enough to be a counselor next year! :D

Some of my Campers!
(I love how some of these 6th graders are almost taller than me. XD) 

Counselor dress up, in which another counselor and I
both dressed up as the Old Lady who lived in a shoe. XD





Hope you liked this kind of post guys. :P Sorry that its a little late, Monday was a crazy day for me. Make sure to comment a fun camp experiences you have had! Once again, I love you guys so much! See yah later!

-Isabelle <3


0 comments: