Fashion Friday a.k.a. Mercy Is Late

Hey, y'all!  Mercy here. :)  Okay, so I'm going to apologize because I was supposed to post yesterday, and I knew this all week, but I had been busy, so I kept thinking I'd just write the post on Friday morning.  But then Friday rolls around and I'm in a frantic rush because I had a birthday sleepover to attend, and so, as you can see, the blog post never got written.  *facepalm*  I started writing it earlier today, but due to my lack of technological knowledge, I lost my whole post.  x.x  So here I am, trying to rewrite what I remember of it.  It probably won't be as good as my original...  *sigh*  A famous piece of writing skill, lost forever.  *beware Mercy's dramatics*  But anyway.  Due to school already starting for me and soon for Belle and Caroline and all our other summer craziness, we have not yet settled into an orderly routine, and therefore our blog posts are still coming a few days late.  I apologize for this, and I hope you can bear with us as we try to get back into the swing of things!  Now, I know you did not come here to listen to me ramble on about utter nonsense, so without further ado, I present to you the Fashion Friday post!  :-)

(While this picture is not that relevant to my post, I love this quote, so I decided to share it! :)

Ah, the smell of fall is in the air.  Leaves are falling, the weather is beginning to grow more chilly, depending where you live *coughnotTexascough*, and...school is approaching.  You may be one of those people who, like nerdy me, look forward with anticipation and almost excitement to the coming school year!  New teachers, new classmates, exciting new subjects, new books...it's strange and new and honestly quite wonderful!  However, you may also be one of those people who groan at even the mention of fall because...school.  Whichever you may be, you cannot avoid the fact that school is indeed approaching.  Now, how does this have anything to do with fashion, you might ask?  I'm getting there. ;-)  This summer, I attended an amazing college camp (personal post on that is coming up in the following few weeks!!!).  At this camp, all of the teenagers there were required to dress professionally for all our classes.  This meant no shorts and t-shirts, no ripped up jeans and baggy sweaters, no sweats, not even a sundress.  We wore gorgeous dresses, dress suits, pants suits, in general, clothes you would wear if you were perhaps going in for an interview.  While some of you make think this is unnecessarily strict, I actually enjoyed this dress code!  By dressing professionally, I felt more mature, more confident, more professional, more inspired, more concentrated.  I participated more in class, I payed more attention, I just did better!  This proves that clothes do actually have an impact on how we feel.  With school starting, many of us, homeschoolers especially, are tempted to just lounge around in our pajamas all day.  As tempting and comfortable as this idea sound, we must resist (at least most of the time.  I understand indulging once in a while. ;-).  With pajamas, we feel sloppy, tired, and just "out of it."  If we can all try and make an effort to dress accordingly and cutely for the day, we'll be able to handle anything thrown at us, whether it is a surprise pop Latin quiz, a terrifying timed history essay, or even a *gasp* unplanned webcam with an online class.  We don't want to be caught in our pjs, do we?  Here are my favorite fall school outfits!


To me, stripes are instantly classy.  This outfit, without the accessories, is great for hanging around the house.  But if you must hurry and leave to go meet up with friends, a scarf, a couple cute pieces of jewelry, and ballet flats instantly jazz up this outfit!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This outfit is a personal favorite of mine!  Some people categorize certain colors just for spring or summer and others for fall.  Color wise, this would probably be more of a summery outfit, but I think it's positively adorable and works for more than one season!  If you're just lounging around the house, a bright tank, such as this one, and jeans are great!  But if you want to meet up with friends, toss on a jacket with a matching or complementing color, add some cute bangles and flats, and you're ready to go!



~~~~~~~~~


Maxi skirts are are something I LOVE.  Not only are they modest, they are gorgeous and super comfortable!  A simple black maxi skirt, or in this case, a black and white striped skirt, works great with a variety of tops!  It's a nice, casual outfit for home, but if you want to take a trip out, add a cute accessory, like the statement necklace in this picture, and you are ready to go!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






Sometimes, though, you just have that day.  That day when you are tired, and you really just can't find the effort to dress up at all.  All you want is the comfort of your sweats or pjs.  In this case, why not try a super soft, comfortable, oversized sweater?  Depending on the length and whether you are going anywhere, you can pair it with either leggings or jeans.  (Beware: leggings are NOT pants.  They work with long sweaters and/or staying home.  No matter how tired you are, we must dress modestly!)






Well, that's it, y'all!  I hope you enjoyed today's (yesterday's? :-P) post!  :-D  I enjoyed writing it and I cannot put into words how excited I am to "resurrect" the blog!  I'm looking forward to more posts, and hearing what y'all think about the new blog design!  :-)  

0 comments: