And Music Monday Returns!

Probably what y'all are thinking right now about this blog.  ;-)  Well, it's Mercy here today! But we're trying to keep up with our posts! :-) I'm so happy that the blog is back! I really missed writing this summer, but with how busy I was, I just could not find the time! And since Belle and Caroline both had busy schedules, too, there was no planning going on, either. Stay tuned for personal posts where we shall tell you about our summers. ;-)

Music Monday


Alex & Sierra - Little Do You Know
I don't know if y'all remember or not, but when our blog first came out, we included a post including an Alex & Sierra song cover!  Well, since then, they have written and released THREE original songs!  And they are all amazing, but one of my favorites is Little Do You Know.  It's just...beautiful. <3  





5 Seconds of Summer - Amnesia
Okay, just to warn you, I'm in love with 5 Seconds of Summer's newest album.  Those Australian boys, previewed in a previous post, are so talented, hilarious, kind, and cute. xD  One of my favorite songs on their new album is Amnesia!  A gorgeous song, catchy, but sad.  A beautiful mix. <3





Imagine Dragons - It's Time
Imagine Dragons is seriously one of my all-time favorite bands.  No matter what mood I'm in, Imagine Dragons always has a song for me to listen to!  It's Time is a great song, maybe not as energetic and party-friendly as Radioactive, but, in my opinion, much, much better. ;-)





Favorite Vocalist of the Week

This summer, while chatting with my online friends, one of them mentioned that she was listening to a young singer named Christina Grimmie. (You know who you are. ;)  And since I'm always on the lookout for new music, I looked her up!  And goodness gracious, am I glad I did!  She has become one of my favorite artists.  I'm in love with her music!!  

For about four to five years, Christina has been recording and uploading videos to her youtube channel, zeldaxlove64.  Not all of her videos are songs, either!  She's a great youtuber in general. ;)  In many of her songs, she accompanies herself on the piano while she sings, which is a hard feat, trust me. 

After working either on youtube or behind the scenes for other artists for several years, Christina finally tried out on the famous TV show, The Voice!  Although she did not win, she certainly made a huge impact on the judges and the world, and her popularity has since skyrocketed.  A few of the songs she performed on The Voice are I Won't Give Up, All of the Stars (with Ed Sheeran!!!!!), and Can't Help Falling in Love.

She has actually released an album, With Love!  A couple of my favorite songs on there are Feelin' Good, Tell My Mama, and I Bet You Don't Curse God.  (That last one might beat out the others just by a little bit.  <333)


Overall, Christina Grimmie is an amazing artist with so much talent for both singing AND writing music.  I definitely suggest you look her up. ;-)



Well, that's it!  I hope y'all enjoyed today's Music Monday post!!! :-D  Love y'all!  <333  ~Mercy

0 comments: