Bonus Fashion Post

Pairing Sneakers with Dresses and Skirts


Hello everyone! Sorry for posting this like almost a week late, but since the baby came last Friday I wasn't able to post and then I have just been really busy trying to finish up school work. Anyway, the other day I was looking at a few different pictures on Pinterest (yes I still use Pinterest :P) and one thing that I saw a lot were pictures of girls pairing their sneakers with a dress or skirt. I mean I love wearing dresses and skirts to feel girly and feminine and what not, but sometimes I'm not up to wearing heels or flats. You know sneakers are just so comfy and who says you have to wear the typical flat or heel with all skirts and dresses?! I'd rather be comfy then feeling like my feet are about to fall off, you feel me? :P  Also, wearing sneakers are a fun way to play with a look. Of course, wearing running shoes aren't exactly what I'm getting at. Think more like Keds, high tops, Converse, type sneakers. ;) If you are a little bit more of a tomboy and despise heels, sneakers can be a fun way to take a spin on a classic skirt or dress.  Here are a few outfits I've put together along with some tips for how to wear sneakers with your skirts and dresses. :)

(Floral dress, fringe vest, wooden earrings
flowers headband, black high tops and sunglasses)

Outfit #1: Boho Look

With this outfit I decided to go with a pair of high tops just because I think is something a little bit different. I love the boho type style and vibe. I think that by making an outfit like this you will definitely achieve that feel. The fringe vest and wooden earrings look really nice when paired together. Then by simply adding a girly floral headband you've got a perfect outfit for a festival type event. ;) I feel like with this outfit you are being girly while also having a super comfortable outfit that isn't to dressy. The one tip I would have for this kind of outfit would be to make sure that your sneaker isn't to matchy-matchy with you dress. So for intense, wearing a pair of flora sneakers with this outfit would be a no. :P Try to stick to a shoe that is a solid color.


(Floral dress, jean jacket, pink converse, heat necklace
wings bracelet)



Outfit #2: Romantic Look

For this look I tried to take a spin on the classic romantic sweetheart neckline. I think this kind of outfit would be perfect for like a movie date with your girls, or a casual birthday part. The flora dress is a little dressy by itself, but when paired with the jean jacket and pair of converses, it is toned down a bit and turned into a nice casual outfit. As you can see it is a much different look then the boho look. So if you have more of a romantic style rather then boho/hippy style this would be a better kind of outfit to try and recreate. :)

(Patterned blue maxi skirt, peach top, navy blue scarf,
peach flower earrings, peach bracelet, heart sunglasses
navy blue Keds, dark tan handbag)



Outfit #3: Boho Inspired Look 2

When pairing sneakers with skirts the main kind of skirts that I think look the best with sneakers are maxi skirts and skater skirts. (I'll have a picture down below that will have a skater skirt in it. :P) When I was putting this outfit together I had a bohemian type style in mind. So while it is not quite bohemian it has a few inspired aspects, like the long patterned skirt and the scarf. With this outfit I also tired to add more colorful jewelry pieces, just to add an extra pop to the outfit :)








I had a lot of fun putting my own outfits together, but here are a few other examples that I've found around on Pinteret and other different fashion blogs. :) Let me know which outfit is your favorite!










So there you have it guys! The first three outfits I made on Polyvore to try and show you guys how you can make an outfit with sneakers, and then the last few pictures were just outfits that I really liked and wanted to shared with you guys. Hopefully you found some inspiration from these outfits and recreate some of them with your own twist! Personally, I fell in love with the whole look and idea of pairing sneakers and skirts once I saw it. :) Let me know what you guys think! Make sure to comment which outfit and/or picture is your favorite! :)

Love you loads,
Isabelle <3





0 comments: