Music Monday: May 5, 2014

Hey, everyone!  It's Mercy!  ^_^  How are y'all doing today?  *waits as everyone groans and mutters, "Monday..."*  Trust me, I am definitely with you on that.  Why can't the weekend last forever?  Why are there five days of schooling and only 2 days of weekend?  I think there should be five days of school and then five days of weekend.  Who's with me on that?  ;-)  Anyway, time to start my Music Monday post!  Here are a few of my favorite songs!!

Music Monday

Christina Perri - Humans 
Years ago, when I stumbled upon her song Jar of Hearts, I fell in love with Christina Perri's voice.  There is just something about it that is calm and soothing and beautiful, and yet it seems to touch every part of your heart.  Her talent just astounds me, y'all.  Her songs may start out soft and quiet, but before you know it, her vocals are soaring in both range and power.  Her voice is just amazing.  Plus, she plays piano while she sings, which I just kind of love, being a piano-player myself.  ;-)  Human
(Psssst, you should also look up A Thousand Years.  I know it was played on Twilight, but hey, give it a chance.)  

Ed Sheeran - I See Fire
Not only do I just love the Hobbit and its soundtrack, I also am convinced that Ed Sheeran is a ginger with the voice of an angel.  *coughcough*  Anwayyyy. xD  One, he's British.  ;-)  Two, his fame is due to all his own work.  Three, his voice is just...my goodness.  My sisters were annoyed with me for listening to him constantly (plus singing along in a not-so-great voice...), but then they got hooked, too! Did you know that he wrote and composed this entire song?  His genius is just mind-blowing.  Check out I See Fire!


Jasmine Thompson - Cover of Demons
This is probably a name that you haven't heard of.  She is a 13 year old (Yes, 13!  Her control over her voice is way above her age, I think.) who started by posting videos on youtube.  Due to her amazing vocals and obvious talent, her videos soon began to gain over a million hits.  I can't remember which song I first stumbled upon, but it doesn't really matter as they all borderline on perfection.  She is definitely worth checking out when you have some time.  ;-)  One of my personal favorites is Say Something since I love the song itself, but all of her songs are amazing, including Almost Lover.

Favorite Vocalist/Group of the Week

This is always, without a doubt, the hardest part of Music Monday posts for me as I love so. many. bands.  And I have to limit it down to just one?  *groan of frustration*  You know what?  I'm going to do a country singer!  I don't think we've covered a country singer yet, which is rather odd, as my family listens to country all the time.  (I'm not joking.  It's seriously all the time. xD)  

And the winner of this week is...  *cue drum roll*  Cassadee Pope!  I actually have to thank my younger sister for introducing her to me.  Ah, well, I guess she's got some decent music tastes...  ;-)  (She just hit me for that sentence, just so you know.)  

While she started officially singing in public during the year 2008, she did not gain the popularity she has now until she tried out on the TV show, The Voice.  During one week, she performed the song Over You.  I'd like to provide a bit of background here.  Her mentor in the show, Blake Shelton, wrote this song about his brother who tragically died in a car accident.  Cassadee sang this song in dedication of her great-grandfather whom she was very close to and who had passed away when she was younger.  When she sings this song, you can see the tears in her eye, and Blake Shelton looks so happy with her singing his song.  It's just really, really touching.  One sing on her new album Frame by Frame is Wasting All These Tears (which, I do warn you, has one curse word repeated in it a few times.  If you are worried, have your parents preview it for you.
Other songs performed by her on The Voice:

Note: This is ALL live.  This is her raw voice.  Amazing.  *shakes head in awe*


Well, I hope y'all enjoyed today's post!!!  :-)  Leave me a comment below sharing which is your favorite song!  :-)

1 comments:

Eliz Moments said...

I love Human! Thank you for introducing me to that song!