A Week w/o Internet - DAY 5

 Wow, I can't believe it's already day 5 of this challenge. Time flies, man.

Today was internet free! I only got on the computer to FaceTime with Belle, and we had a super awesome talk about the blog, and just about how crazy it is to think that when we met in D.C. with Mercy, we had NO idea that we would even start a blog together, let alone become college roommates!

Also, during the last part of my video, I was trying to say (despite my sleepy brain) that if I had gone TOTALLY off the grid, like no internet for school, no communication, and no blogging, I would have an entirely different experience. But I also think that would demonstrate my dependency on the internet.
Just by eliminating the amount of time wasted on Pinterest, Snapchat, etc., I have become more productive, less stressed and way happier :) But if I had eliminated the internet in general, I would have quickly discovered just how much I depend on it. For instance, most of my CLASSES are online, and this challenge would be a pretty poor excuse for my absence. Like, "Mr. So and so, I couldn't come to class because I decided to go without the internet."
Not very smart.

I think it's important to realize that we shouldn't demonize the internet. It's not good or bad. It's a tool, and it can either increase productivity or sidetrack you depending on how you use it. Okay, I'll get off my soapbox.

Here's the video, only two more to go!



0 comments: