OOPS

Helloooo readers!!

Did I mention that I got hired at a major retail store in a customer service position? Initially, I was excited at the novelty of the thing. My first job! Then.. the newness wore off and somehow I found myself dreading going to work. For a while, I had this clock in clock out mentality and I was having a hard time finding meaning in anything I was doing. I was thinking, "How is folding and refolding clothes going to help anyone at all? What's the point? I know I'm getting paid to do this and all, but everyone's rude and blah blah blah" 

Then I realized, "How lucky am I to have this job? And here I am actually complaining about it and how nothing has any meaning. Caroline, you're a doofus." AND that's when I made an important realization. Only doofuses use the word doofus to describe themselves. Aaaaand, (I'm going to bold this because it's so important.)

YOUR WELL-BEING DOES NOT DEPEND ON YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES

The way you view a situation has a HUGE effect on how it turns out for you. If you go to work expecting everything to be pointless and mundane, then it probably will be. But, if your focus is on how you can be a light to other people and just doing the best job you possibly can, then your experience will improve drastically. And that philosophy goes for pretty much everything else in life as well. Just thought I'd share that with you all because it really did help me, and I hope it does the same for you. :)

Enough of that business, on to the fun stuff.


Over Thanksgiving break, I went and saw Big Hero 6 with my family and let me tell you, I was NOT emotionally prepared for this movie. Like, how cute is Baymax? I want a Baymax. Santa, take note.




(I've come to the conclusion that we are all Baymax, and I see no evidence that disputes this fact.)


Let's see, what else. Hmm..

I can't WAIT for Christmas. Expect a playlist of Christmas music on Monday, because it's the only time of year when I don't feel guilty for listening to that kind of music. (Doesn't it feel like cheating when you listen to Christmas music in July?? I feel a little bit guilty about it sometimes.)

It's not just Christmas music that I love, either. It's the cold weather, that sense of security you feel when your with your loved ones, (aka them not judging you for being craaazy) and warm drinks and good food, and celebrating the birth of Jesus. It really is the most wonderful time of the year.

During Christmas:



After Christmas:


I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas season, and a happy new year!!!! 

Love,
Caroline :)


1 comments:

Gracie said...

This is such a fun and such a TRUE post! Mentality makes a big difference. Baymax = <3