Music Monday

Hey, y'all!  :)  Mercy here today!!  Did today start off well for you?  Did you wake up and go, "I'm going to accomplish a lot today, and I'm going to do my school well, and I'm going to have a wonderful day!"?  If you did, I'm so proud of you!  If you didn't....trust me, you're not alone.  ;)  Lots of teens arise on an early morning, stretch, groan, and unwillingly leave their warm blankets to enter that harsh reality of homework.  *dismal thunder in the distance*  But it's not too late!  Music is something I fall back on to cheer myself up.  Whether I've had a bad day, I'm in a grumpy mood, or I can't concentrate, music is the friend to whom I turn.  <3



Gabrielle Aplin - Keep Pushing Me
Lately, I have been on a Gabrielle Aplin craze.  And by lately, I mean the entire summer up to now. xD  Honestly, her voice just gives me chills.  She's so, so talented in singing, playing, and composing music.  Her live voice is just as amazing as the CD version.  To prove it, here is the LIVE version of one of my favorite songs by her, Keep Pushing Me.
If you would like to listen to the regular version, here it is! :) A few other songs I love by her are Panic Chord and Home.  Home is actually what first caught my eye! :)



Little Mix - Little Me
Okay, first, I must say, this band is a little out of my comfort zone.  If you haven't noticed, I have a preference for music that is somewhat in the indie genre.  Little Mix is more pop than I like, but this song really caught my eye.  Personally, I love the Little Me - Unplugged Version more than the original.  It allows the beauty of the vocals and the meaning of the words to take precedence over everything else.  The song also has a wonderful, wonderful message.  <3  (I really do not know any other Little Mix music, so if you look them up, you're taking your own risk.  ;)


Ingrid Michaelson - Everybody
Now, before y'all groan, "Mercyyyy.  This song is so cliche and silly and overplayed," hear me out.  I'm not quite sure why, but when I listen to this song, I just grin.  I can't help it but get a ridiculously wide smile on my face, and it'll be stuck in my head for the rest of the day, and I'll be much happier than before!  It's just one of those songs, a song that makes you smile and happy.  :)  And I kind of adore Ingrid's voice. <3
If you haven't heard it before, or even if you have, check Everybody out! :D

Demi Lovato - Warrior
Do y'all have that one song that you just listen to when you feel like are kicked down and you just can't get back up?  This song is that for me.  It's such a powerful, emotional song.  For Demi, who was bullied as a teen, music is her outlet.  And I love that so much.  I love how she pours everything, all she can, into her music.  You don't see that very much anymore.  So check it out: Warrior!!!  (Also, if you're into that pop-y sound, try Something That We're Not.  I kind of love to blast this song when I'm cleaning.  But I have to say that I do not endorse what she is singing about.  :P  It's not a bad song, though.)

Well, girls, that's it! :)  I hope you enjoyed today's Music Monday post!  Now you can start off your day on the right side of the bed. ;)



0 comments: