Not Another Baking Post

I know, I know. We've posted like 3 different baking tutorials in the past couple of weeks, but you can never have too many sweets, right? I just had to upload this because I had so much fun making these, and they turned out surprisingly well. In the video, I don't talk about the cookie recipe or the royal icing recipe because those would take up two different blog posts.

aaaand I made a video!! We're mixing it up a lil' bit, let us know what you think!




RECIPES I USED

Cardamom Orange Vanilla Cookies

Royal Icing (guys do NOT under any circumstances try to make this without an electric mixer. I tried to do it by hand and ended up crying on the floor. jk. but seriously.  use the mixer
also, I added about a tbsp of lemon extract to my frosting because I just thought it would be a nice compliment to the warmer spices like cardamom and vanilla. Also, I love lemon. <3

-more about royal icing consistencies - in the video I make a reference to a 'flood consistency' icing. If you don't know what that is, that's okay because I didn't either until I looked it up! This link tells you everything you need to know about what kind of ingredients to use with royal icing, and how to achieve your desired consistency.

Soo yep there it is

Wish us luck in the championships!! I hope you all have a fabulous week :D


-Caroline

0 comments: