A Week w/o Internet- DAY 2


HEY EVERYONE!

As you know, Caroline and I are doing the No Internet Challenge!!

I have to say, this has been such an amazing experience. When I first thought about giving up the internet, I thought that I was just going to be bored...I wasn't really expecting any drastic mood or poroductivities changes. However, I have been pleasntly surprised by how much I have been able to get done, and how I feel throughout the day.

One bad habit that I have is, I go through all my social media right after my alarm goes off in the morning before getting out of bed. I never really thought of it as a problem until now. Not only does that waste so much time, but sometimes, the things my friends post directly affect my mood. Actually, it's because of this realization that Caroline and I decided to do the whole "No Internet Challenge".

When I first started the challenge I sent a text out to my friends saying that I was going to be off of the internet and that if they needed to contact me, they could call or text me. I got a lot of varied responces. Some of my friends would ask, "Are you in trouble? Are your parents grounding you?" Others would be ask me, "Why would you want to punish yourself like that?" After remarking that my so called challenge was a kind of self-punishment, my friends proceeded to try and help me find loopholes within my own rules for the challenge. While I appreciaited the sentiment, it really opened my eyes to how attached we can be to the internet. Not only could my friends not imagine someone voluntarily giving up the internet, but the very idea confused them.

Honestly,  I am so glad I made this choice, and I'm hoping this can help me make some good longterm habits. :)


Here's a  run down of how my day went:


                                           

Hope you guys enojyed the post! Stay tuned for more vlogs!

-Belle <3


0 comments: